How to Get to La Guajira? If you are wondering, here we come to give you some information. If you are in Bogotá you can take a domestic flight to Riohacha, with a duration of approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Even if there is an option to arrive by bus, the flight option is the most convenient, as the duration by bus is approximately 20 hours.
Once we are in Riohacha we will have to book a tour with a 4×4 jeep when there is no public transport to reach the sail and tip chickens, which are the two destinations that are visited and are average nel of the desert of La Guajira.
To continue we give you some useful information if you decide to visit La Guajira:
Clothing and Useful Things
- Light pants or Bermuda shorts and a T-shirt.
- Camera or Camcorder.
- Bathing suit and towel.
- Sports and trekking footwear
- Mosquito repellent.
- Solar protection.
- Thermos for water.
- Respect the environment and leave garbage in the proper containers.
- Do not cause damage to structures or the environment.
- No particular vaccinations are required.
- The yellow fever vaccine is recommended only as a preventive measure, as there are no cases in this region.
- At the time of departure present identification documents Passport, DNI or CC.
- During the Tour the traveler can bring a photocopy of their identification document.